Scorchsoft are now recruiting for a web developer role in Birmingham. We are looking to hire a talented developer/programmer who has experience using the web languages to join our team.
Job Title:Senior Web Developer
Location: The Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham, B18 6NF
Job type: Permanent, full time
Start Date: ASAP
Keywords: Web developer, PHP, MySQL, Developer
Senior Web Developer
Scorchsoft is a small but growing company whose core competency is using high-quality programming to develop websites and web applications that target commercial objectives. The senior web developer job will involve being in charge of developing these online applications and websites for commercial customers.
This web developer job is a full time position based in Birmingham and presents a great opportunity to be involved on a range of diverse projects.
Being confident in interfacing with customers you will be involved in customer meetings to build and clarify customer's requirements in order to create a build-specification and a web solution that delights.
You will bring your project management experience to ensure all customer projects and solutions are delivered to quality and time whilst helping ensure more junior members projects are to time and quality too.
Senior Web Developer role duties and responsibilities:
- Planning the development of a project before programming begins in order for us to be able to estimate the development hours of a project and to be able to build a product to this plan.
- Being actively involved in adapting how the business implements technology. This may involve researching the best frameworks to then develop a project within.
- Interfacing with customers in person, email and over telephone.
- Following API's and developer documentation for new tools and frameworks and on the job learning to implement solutions using them.
- Sundry coding maintenance and changes.
- Project Management (Project scheduling, planning and resource management)
- Team mentor - 'seen as the technical expert within the development team'
- Over three years experience as a Web Developer.
- An exceptionally strong programming ability.
- A strong online portfolio displaying user-centred design and web database solutions.
- Strong knowledge of a / various MVC frameworks (Yii, CodeIgniter, Cake, Symphony etc)
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience using Eclipse or Aptana IDEs.
- Expert at programming using object-oriented methodologies.
- Experience working within 3rd party API's via JSON, SOAP, XML or related interface methods.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
To apply for this web developer position please email your CV and a covering letter to [email protected].
We look forward to hearing from you.