Scorchsoft is a small but growing company whose core competency is using high-quality programming to develop websites and web applications. The job role will involve being in charge of developing these for commercial customers. This job is a full time role and presents a great opportunity to be involved on a range of diverse projects.
We are fond of continuous improvement and autonomy so in an addition to your programming role, your will be tasked with managing your own deadlines and developing improved practices towards how Scorchsoft approaches web development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Planning the development of a project before programming begins in order for us to be able to estimate the development hours of a project and to be able to build a product to this plan.
* Being actively involved in adapting how the business implements technology.
* Researching different tools and frameworks and applying learned knowledge to best meet project requirements.
* Interfacing with customers in person, email and over telephone.
* Following API's and developer documentation for new tools and frameworks and on the job learning to implement solutions using them.
* Supporting the continuous improvement of our approach to programming.
* Sundry coding maintenance and changes.
* Strong programming abilities.
* Experienced in programming using object-oriented methodologies.
* Personal time management.
* Experience using a web content management system such as Wordpress, Modx, Drupal and Joomla.