Our recruitment policy
Guidance for Candidates
Are you a candidate looking to send your CV to us directly? Please go ahead and send that to us.
This recruiter policy only applies to recruitment companies, recruitment consultants and other recruitment organisations, many of which bombard us with unsolicited emails and calls.
Direct applicants are warmly welcomed, though we can't guarantee you will always get a personal reply given the volume of emails we receive for certain roles at peak times in the year.
If you are a recruiter that doesn't have an app or portal development project you would like to place with us, then please continue reading:
Introduction (for recruiters)
Recruiting can be time-consuming for small companies. There is no specialist team to deal with recruiting. It’s just us. We all have other work to be getting on with. We’re happy to work with recruiters if it makes our lives easier. However, experience has shown that this is not always the case, and many recruiters add workload with no value.
Please read our rules for working with us below. We don’t want to appear to be difficult to work with (we’re not) but we simply don’t have the time or capacity to manage agencies that don’t want to work with us in this way.
Agencies/Recruiters not following these rules will get blacklisted. Equally Agencies/Recruiters who stand out will be recommended to other organisations we work with.
- Do not call us. We do not take unsolicited calls for recruitment. Ever. Unsolicited calls are a fast way to make sure we won't work with you.
- If we're working together regarding a role or candidate, we'll explain how best to contact us about that role/candidate.
- Do not call incessantly to find out if we’ve made a decision. We’ll give you a timeframe. If we say we’re going to get back to you on Monday, that’s when we’ll get back to you.
- If you want to know about available jobs, keep an eye on our jobs page or twitter feed.
- A position may have its own specific email address for applications. If this is the case, send CVs to that email address for that position only.
- If a position does not have a specific email address, you should use the general careers one.
- Do not email members of our management team directly. This makes things more difficult for us, and we won't work with people that make our lives more difficult.
- Read the role. Do not send contractors if we specify permanent staff. Do not send Rails developers for a PHP position.
- Do not send us anonymous CVs - they will not be considered. If you send us a candidate we want to know who they are, where they've worked and whether we've seen them before.
- When sending us a CV, please include the candidate's salary expectations and availability
- We typically only consider candidates already in the UK. If they are not in the UK, please tell us, and provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.
Doing any of these will result in being automatically blacklisted and we won't work with you.
- Spamming multiple people at Scorchsoft with unsolicited CVs.
- Do not lie to us. Do not phone and say you know us when you don’t. Do not tell the person answering the phone a different story to the person who you are trying to get hold of.
- Do not try poach our staff. The whole team/office can hear when there is a recruiter on the line trying to do this. This makes both the person you’re speaking to uncomfortable, as well as the team around them. Do not do this.
- Passing on details of candidates you’ve placed to other recruiters to try poach after you’ve received your fee.
Terms and fees
These Terms supersede any similar terms in individual agencies' contracts.
- We will not sign your terms and conditions.
- We will not work with you exclusively.
- We will pay 10% of year 1 base salary.
- We will pay within 30 days of invoicing.
- The invoice date can be no earlier than the candidate's start date.
- If a candidate is employed by us within 6 months of an introduction by you, we will pay your fee.
- If a candidate you introduce is already known to us (organically or from a different agency) we will tell you this promptly. No fee will be payable in this circumstance.
- If the candidate leaves within 12 working weeks of their start date (for any reason, including dismissal), you will try to find a replacement free of charge.
- If you are unable to find a replacement acceptable to us, you will refund 8.3% of your fee for each week of the first 12 the candidate didn't work.
This Note to Recruiters, originally created by vzaar, was adapted by The Scale Factory and ourselves and is published here under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.